Code of Conduct
Students must agree to abide by this Code of Conduct to apply for a VET Course.
As a participant in VET course of study:
- I shall strive to meet the attendance, participation and work requirements of the VET program
- I will notify the VET Co-ordinator at my home school in advance if I will be absent from VET for any reason, or first thing in the morning on the day of attendance if I am unwell. (The VET Coordinator will then advise the respective training provider of such absence.
- I will arrange with my VET Program teacher to make up any missed work in my own time
- I agree to work cooperatively with other students in the VET Program
- I will abide by the trainer’s rules and the rules of the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) whenever I am on site
- I will treat staff, other students and property with respect at all times with an attitude and behaviour to an acceptable standard
- I will pay the materials costs associated with my VET Program (listed in the handbook)
- I agree to bring all necessary resources (books, pens, etc) to enable me to participate in the VET program and I will dress appropriately (in line with the dress standards of the program)
- I agree to use equipment and resources provided in a responsible manner
- I agree to be aware of the safety and emergency procedures of the RTO I am attending and will follow directions given by trainers in the event of an emergency
- I agree to abide by the RTO’s Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- I agree to be on time for classes and I am aware that my attendance at VET is reported to my home school.
- If required to travel by bus to/from/during my VET Program I will do so in a responsible and considerate manner
- I will act in a polite and friendly manner towards all other people on the bus and I will ensure I do not distract or cause the driver to be distracted
- I understand that if I cause problems on the bus I may be suspended from travelling on the bus for a period determined by my school in consultation with the bus company and other relevant persons. I am also aware that if suspended from bus travel it is my responsibility to arrange the alternative travel to and from VET for the period of the suspension
- In all cases of vandalism, those responsible will be required to meet the costs of repair.
I understand that the following will NOT be tolerated on the bus or at any bus stop:
- Harassment of any sort
- Throwing litter, or any object, in or from a bus
- Foul or abusive language.
I understand that:
- The bus driver has the authority to designate seats to students and/or, to move a student to another seat on the bus.
- Serious breaches may be referred to the “Transit Safety Division” of the Victoria Police for investigation and action.